Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Get Relaxed in Olive Pink Botanic Garden Of Alice Springs


I asked a lady I met in Alice Springs about the Olive Pink Botanic Garden. She answered:
"I drove past the other day, but there was nothing to see, it's just brown dirt and nothing grows. I didn't bother going in." I love botanic gardens so she didn't manage to put me off. I did bother and I'm glad I did. If you have a couple of hours in the afternoon this is a lovely place to spend them. Apart from the Australian desert plants there are great views over Alice Springs, and loads of different birds and lizards to watch. We even came across a little snake (a harmless python) in the waterhole area. I stayed in Alice Springs in very comfortable hotels in alice springs au. That was really affordable by me and most interesting thing I got great discount also when I was leaving it. But it's true that the Olive Pink Botanic Gardens don't appear all that attractive when you first arrive, but give them a chance. It's only because the areas out at the front are relatively new. It takes a while for trees and shrubs to grow up. The older areas behind the Visitor Centre are well established and they are lovely. And full of wildlife, too. Many of the mature trees you see here were actually planted by Miss Olive Pink and her Aboriginal gardener Johnny Jambijimba Yannrilyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment